Thursday 17 November 2011

Tuesday Trigger - Fall is in the Bag

This is my second post today. For my For Your Inspiration post, please scroll down.
Hello!

Around here, Fall (or Autumn, as we like to call it) is well and truly in the bag, we're about to launch into Summer and the heat is already here. Fall is in the Bag is the theme of the Tuesday Trigger challenge over at Moxie Fab World.  The trigger photo is a handbag:
I looked at this handbag and immediately thought of one of my favourite little stamp sets, Stampin' Up! Trendy Trees. I love the colours on this bag. I wish I had this bag myself. *smile*

I made the mistake of going to visit the first few entries to the challenge before I started my card. Gee, there are some awesome cards on show there already! I almost scared myself out of making my card, but then decided I'd tough it out and make my card anyway.

My card is this one:
I had some troubles getting a decent angle on the photograph to show you the depth of the card. The front cream panel is adhered to a brown panel, which is popped up on top of the brown card base. The brown sentiment strips are popped up again. Brown doesn't photograph so well when you are trying to show the layers. Here are a couple of other photos.

The background was fun to make. I actually enjoyed lining all those little trees up and choosing which colours would go where. For a change, I used my stamp positioner, and pencil lines to keep things on track. The colours I used were (SU!): Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, Not Quite Navy. The button is out of my mending box. I really hope I don't need it for a particular item of clothing!

Thanks for coming to visit!

Michelle
xxx

7 comments:

Cassandra said...

I like it, I like it alot. Love how you used the colours in the trees.

Jenny said...

Oh I love your take on the pattern Michelle and that circle sentiment around the button is just cool. I try not to look at the other entries first in case I see a similar idea to mine and feel deflated :)
Jenny x

Keva said...

Oh, this is perfect! I love it. I love the colors you picked up from the bag and the band that goes across and extends looks awesome. Very pretty!

T said...

hey I REALLY like this one! I always admire cards with a repeating image... it's so hard for me to do!

Helen F. said...

LOVE all the lined up trees, Michelle! So perfect in these Tuesday Trigger colors too :)

Annette Allen said...

Love your take on the trigger...These trees are so amazing...love it..

Linda said...

Great take on the Tuesday Trigger!