Tuesday 10 July 2012

Runway Inspired #15 - man card

Hello!

Sometimes a card will give me no end of trouble. This is one of those cards. I think I've ended up with a half decent card at the end of it, but it was a challenge to get to this point! Phew! I probably should show you my rubbish pile on this one (no, too embarrassing!) - that sentiment panel had three different versions, all stuck ON THE CARD, so that I had to pull things off and try not to upset my weaving, eek!

This card is for our nephew, a young man who is definitely not into bling or flowers or love hearts... someone tell me an AWESOME stamp set for men (all ages), please! I want to make groovy man-cards!

This is my effort.
It was in response to the Runway Inspired Challenge #15.
I worked the weaving in. I used the colours. I think I got the general feel of the outfit into my card.

I used SU! Not Quite Navy, Real Red, and Crumb Cake. Dies were all PTI - Chevron stripes, Mat Stack #1, Framed Out #3. The sentiment is from Framed Out #3. Oh, I ought to point out, those skinny chevron stripes are from between the two dies - when I die cut the two together, there is always a skinny bit in between that I quite like. :-)

Thanks for coming by! Now I'm off to sleep. :-)

Michelle
xxx

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow--very cool to weave the chevrons!!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving some love!

Kara Lynne said...

Great idea to weave the chevrons, great inspiration from the photo!

Agata said...

Your effort is brilliant! I hope your nephew will appreciate it!!!

Darnell said...

Look at you, weaving chevrons! Has anyone ever done that before?! I think you should have a prize for that! Well done!

BTW, I've seen your incredible photo log (and hope to remember this idea for next year b/c I love it) so I know you live the "stop and smell the roses" philosophy. Your pictures are stunning, truly!

Unknown said...

Very cool idea to use chevrons!!! Thanks for joining us at RIC!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love that the dress helped inspire you to make a cool masculine card for your nephew! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Jen W. said...

Your weaved chevrons ROCK!!! I'm glad you persevered with your card - it was worth the rubbish pile! :)

Lynn at The Mango Boys and Me always makes awesome guy cards with PTI's Grunge Me set...