Wednesday 4 December 2013

Teacher Thank-you

Hello!

Yesterday was the last day of school for the year. My daughter's teacher this year was a young man. I was stumped for a while for what to make for a card, and what to get for a present. I was going to make presents, but I just ran out of time this year. For the classroom teacher we bought a groovy pen. Apparently that pen spent the last day of school securely tucked in the teacher's pocket. My daughter was pleased. ;-) The card matched the pen (but I didn't actually capture a photo of the two together, oops!).
I used PTI Teach & Inspire and Wonderful Words: Teacher. Colours are Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Real Red.

The die-cut TEACHER was layered in the same colours as the inks. The black top layer was covered in Crystal Effects to make it shiny. Here is a closer look at that.
My Coastal Cabana is one of the new Stampin' Up! inkpads. It's very WET. I struggle to get crisp images using the new inkpads, but I feel like an old fuddy-duddy when I say that I like the old ones better, LOL! For this card, I didn't mind the splotchy effect, but for most cards it would bother me hugely.

Today was my daughter's 4th Grade (AMEB) violin exam. At the end of the exam I grabbed some more work from her teacher to keep her busy over the Summer holidays (5th grade pieces and technical work). I'm pretty sure that is not what my daughter had in mind as fun for the holidays, LOL! To her credit, she didn't moan at all.

Thank you for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Michelle, the Crystal Effects are amazing to add shine! I hope your daughter's violin exam was successful. That is my Real Red stamp pad, just too too wet. It makes me nuts, which isn't a streatch!

Barb said...

Awesome card, Michelle! Love how you used the four different colors to stamp your apples and that sentiment looks so cool!

Unknown said...

Very cute teacher card...I agree...I still like my old SU ink pads, too.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome card - I adore the color combo you used!

Anonymous said...

What a clever card. The way you made the word "teacher" looks wonderful especilly the shiny surface.
Heather T

Joyce said...

Fabulous teacher card. This works perfectly for a male, but could work for a female as well. Great design, and I love how you did the built up and glossy letters.

Darnell said...

Wow, Michelle, what fabulous background paper you created! And that die cut with the gloss on it is magnificent! I thought you must have purchased it like that from somewhere!! Thanks for the tip! Hugs, Darnell

Wida said...

Beautiful colors and design