Friday 19 September 2014

The Cutting Edge 10

Hello!

The Cutting Edge challenge this time has a most remarkable die-cut scene on the inspiration card. I looked at that card and thought there was NO WAY that I would be able to create a card to enter, it was just a little too much of a challenge for me, lol! My dies don't tend to be things I can create into a scene. They are generally shapes, or the outlines of stamps that I own. There are a couple of silhouette dies I have on my wishlist, but they haven't come home yet.

Anyway, after thinking about it a little longer, I thought I had found a solution. I could use the same form of block colouring without any stamping (except sentiment). I used PTI Mighty Oak die and the "grass" at the bottom is a MFT die. I hand cut a couple of little birds, based on the shape of a bird stamp I own from PTI Birds & Blooms. The only stamping is the sentiment, just like the inspiration.
Nowhere near as gorgeous as the inspiration, but closer than I thought I could get! Don't you just love that dog die? I think I would frame this dog and bird card if I received it!
Before I go, I thought I'd share a photo with you. Spring school holidays have begun. I took a couple of days off work to let the kids just laze around at home for the start of holidays (the rest of the time they go to vacation care, where they are busy, busy, BUSY all day long). My little girl had collected all of her dog toys (plus a jaguar, because there weren't enough dogs for the party, apparently) and put together a picnic of dried apricots, strawberries, and raisin toast. She called it her "puppy dogs' picnic" (like "teddy bears' picnic"). Our real-life dog, Coco, decided to join in and guard the food from the chickens. When I looked over the back balcony, this is what I saw.
Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your card michelle...awesome colors! The pic...adorable.

Lola G. said...

I particularly like that quote on the card. The photo really touched me – what a beautiful moment to have captured!

Lynn said...

Oh that picture is beyond adorable Michelle. Love how you interpreted the inspiration card too.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Way to get those dies to work for you! LOVE the food guard :)

Jean said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration (and thank you for your kind words about my card). Thanks so much for linking up with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love the card and sentiment!
The pic of your daughter is priceless, one to truly treasure!

Karen M said...

Wow Michelle your card looks amazing - love it! I also adore the teddy bear picnic....sooo cute:) hugs xx

Shona Chambers said...

Talk about crisp and clean! Gorgeous card Michelle. I think I would frame this one if I received it!! Its perfectly done. And how cute is the 'puppy dogs picnic'. I love sneaking peeks at the kids playing, especially listening to what they are saying to each other or their toys. All innocence and happiness, wish it could stay like that forever!

Kelly Latevola said...

I'm with you. I'm pretty sure I'd never be able to create a card with just die cuts except you totally did and it's GORGEOUS!! Your scene is perfect! Your little's puppy dog picnic is just about the sweetest thing ever. How kind of Coco to be on guard against the chicken crashers :)

Jen W. said...

A brilliant take on the challenge, Michelle! I love the little birdies you cut out.
Andy your photo is fabulous! I love how Coco is the picnic's bouncer! LOL!

Lisa A. said...

What a pretty card, Michelle!! The colors and contrast of your tree, birds, leaves and background are striking! So happy you took the time to be a part of the challenge at The Cutting Edge:)!!

Lyndal said...

FAB card - enjoy the holidays!!!