Thursday 28 January 2016

Watercolor for Cardmakers - Intermediate Techniques: Day 2

Hello!

I'm only halfway through my homework for Day 2 of Watercolour for Cardmakers: Intermediate Techniques but I need to move onto Day 3 (because there's even more exciting things to learn there!). I'll go back to finishing Day 2 because I am very much still exploring the lessons.
So on day 2, I learned how to make cornflowers and promptly applied the lesson to create poppies instead. My daughter requested that I go back and make cornflowers for her, haha!
I also learned how to make a brush stroke rose from Jennifer Rzasa. In that lesson, she also pointed out that scanning our artwork and printing onto cardstock means that we can use our art multiple times. I have no idea why I never thought of this before, but it is BRILLIANT! I'm so excited!
This first rose pretty much copied Jen's example. My second rose was a challenge to myself to attempt to create two roses with one in front of the other. This is one of my challenges when drawing or painting flowers - I struggle to layer them up - so I'm working on it.
The cards are made using the scanned images of my paintings. I'm really happy how they turned out.

Here are the cards beside the original watercolours.


I still have two lessons to apply from day 2. I have one halfway made but I'm stuck on ideas to make a card. The other technique I am yet to try, but I will. ;-)

Thank-you for dropping by to visit me!

Michelle
xxx

14 comments:

Hannelie said...

It looks beautiful Michelle!

Suchi said...

Your cards are Fantastic and so is your art-work! Thank you for sharing them Michelle! :)
Suchi xx

Karren said...

Wow, Michelle, these are beautiful! Beautiful artwork and beautiful cards!

Harriet Skelly said...

I LOVE your poppies!!! YOur roses are gorgeous also! I had a hard time painting the roses - threw a bunch of paper away!

Lynn said...

Wow! Your cards are absolutely amazing. You definitely get an A+ for this class Michelle!

Aileen said...

Beautiful cards Michelle, you seem to be picking up ideas with ease. Your rose infront of the other rose is wonderful. Beautiful cards from the scanned images.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, these are all gorgeous, Michelle!

Shelly said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards!!

LauraJane:) said...

ABSOLUTELY wonderful...Thanks for the tip of Scanning originals then making the cards..I made several cards last night after seeing you IG post:))

Kathryn A said...

WOW!! Absolutely love your flowers, and especially your roses! You've nailed this!

JSamuel said...

Wow! Such nice results - love all the flowers =)

Ruth G said...

I love how you created these three cards with the same colors, yet they are all different and wonderful! The poppies are my favorite (I thought "yes" when I saw them because my best friend loves poppies!)

Congratulations on being featured on the class wrap-up! Definitely well-deserved!

I have yet to create anything but the pre-class exercises, but I am so inspired I know I'll have plenty of projects to create in the coming months!

ThePurplePlace said...

Your watercolor is amazing...I can see why you were featured today! YAY!!

MaryFran said...

I love what you've done from the class!