Thursday 6 July 2017

Make It Monday 290 - Stencils and Masking

Hello!

I just love it when I'm challenged to try a technique and finding that it makes BEAUTIFUL cards! This is what happened when I decided to give the current Papertrey Ink Make-It-Monday challenge a go. I watched Betsy's video and her card is gorgeous, and I had a little time up my sleeve today, so I rushed off to the craft desk. :-)

I'll be honest, this card took a little while due to the masking style I decided to use. I had to create all of those little masks and the stencil, and then sponge, and spray, and splatter, and then unmask and stamp, and then finally remove the stencil. BUT, what a reward after all that work! This photo really doesn't do justice to the way this card GLOWS.
I used PTI Strawberry Patch stamps and dies, which is one of my very favourite all time stamp sets. It gives me joy to give my old stamps some love.

Thank-you for coming by to visit me!

Michelle
xxx

4 comments:

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Michelle, your card is so pretty. Love your sweet strawberries!
It was a fun technique. You did a great job!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful and well worth the time and effort...love it!! :0)

Carmela said...

Such a sweet card and I love the berries. Well done.

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful one layer wonder, Michelle! Well worth all the effort! And totally agree with giving love to old stamps. they just make me smile!